1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boy I've had a good week

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Disgruntled Goat, 30 Nov 2007.

1. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

Was made redundant and I had to reapply for my old job - which I got - with a pay rise.
    Got my dream bike (Custom Lynskey Ti) at an utterly knock down bagain price.
    The guy who knocked me of my bike in the summer is being add-up for undue care and attention (which should help my personal injury claim)
    House remorgage came through which means I'm now debt free.
    Bought some trainers I really like and which make me smile.
    Wife isn't giving me too much grief (although she doesn't know about the bike yet.)
    We've got a kid-free weekend lined up.

It's nice when things like this happen and I think it's important for everyone to embrace the good fortune in our lives.

Have a nice one everyone, even you Simoncc.

2. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Aww, I feel like I've been hugged.

Glad things are going well DG, a dash of sunshine and things would be perfect :biggrin:

3. abchandler

abchandler Senior Member

Glad to hear it. Here's to a good weekend too

4. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

You should rightly walk about like the proverbial dog with two dicks. Got to take the smooth with the rough and all that. Long may it continue.

5. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Forgive me if this has been dealt with, but you are entitled to redundancy pay, even if you get your old job back because there is a break in the continuity of employment and your employment is deemed to have started at the time of start of the new job.

6. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Nice one DG
    As for me, well,

...My baby left me and my mule got lame
    Lost my money in a poker game
    A wind storm came just the other day...
    Blew the house that I lived in away....

7. walker

walker New Member

the only thing that worries me about that is why was you made redundant to get your job back? By Law I am sure, once you make someone redundant you cannot refill the role as it's 'redundant'. But hey, well done.

8. NickM

NickM Veteran

Woohoo! that's good to know.

Nail the bastards, DG! That'll teach them to pull the old "re-organisation" scam :biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your mule, Fnaar...

9. Cycling Naturalist

You can if it is a reorganisational redundancy, but special rules exist for these.

10. Blue

Blue Legendary Member

Glad you are happy :biggrin:

Just have to ask about the above though. Why did they do that? Whilst you have a pay rise are they working a fast one on pension rights or anything - like out of a non-contributory final salary one and into a lessor and contributory scheme - hope not!!

11. rob_mcp

rob_mcp New Member

Does this herald a change of name from "disgruntled goat"?

12. OP
    OP
    Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

I wouldn't bet on it.

Re the redundancy thing. The organisation I work for has been 'restructured'. As a result my position was made redundant but a very similar (but not the same) post was created which was open only to people made redundant in the organisation. Plus I've only been working here for 9 months so I don't think I was entitled to any dosh.

13. Cycling Naturalist

Yes, that's correct. That'll be another 100 guineas please. :biggrin:

14. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

So it's "Gruntled Goat" now then?!

Don;t worry, life will give you a kick in the nads soon. Or should that be wife as you haven't told her about the bike? I got it in the neck and I had cleared it with her first!!!!

15. NickM

NickM Veteran

Well, you could always have your compensation anyway by nicking office supplies.