Brace of Bromwich's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
When i was told about this pr of Tom Bromwich bikes i was on my way up the A14 quicker than you can say Cantona for England Manager .

Both original late 78/9 machines collected from the original owners son in law . Mans is a 21 1/2" frame in clean original condition . Chromed steel rims with a flip flop hub , 26.4 dia post so poss Reynolds tubing , nicklin cranks , huret mechanism and levers . Gents frame no is 2409 whilst the ladies is 432 .

Just had a little ride on both and very smooth considering not used for 10+
years

WP_20160705_006.jpg

WP_20160705_001.jpg

No idea of plans yet both need a mechanical overhaul and then they should b good for another 30+ years

Last edited:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Two beauts there!!

midlife

Guru
Nil points.......the Bluemels pumps have lost a few coloured bands and some have slipped.!

Just joking, it's like looking at a slice of the York Rally 1979 :smile:

Any body on here used to go to the York Rallies?

Shaun

Mrs M

Guru
Very smart :okay:
Green one is lovely :wub:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Picked up an assortment of alloy 27" rims now so just need to get a set of wheels built up for the gents one and then we can get rebuilding it

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Work started this afternoon on Mrs B , a quick soaking with some Plusgas and some gentle tapping out popped the cotter pins .

And with some help from my 50p car boot spanner out came both of the cups to reveal a good as new TDC 69 spindle that will clean up nicely and with some fresh grease applied can go back together once the crank has been cleaned .

WP_20160723_010.jpg
WP_20160723_011.jpg

WP_20160723_012.jpg
WP_20160723_013.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom