Brace yourselves folks....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

not sure if I'll pick the story up at tomorrow's cat show.....

:smile:

But I reckon my witch finder senses will be proved right :blush::evil:

Skip Madness

If there are any bombshells in this WSJ piece which are verifiable/well-substantiated then it's right that they come out. But I do wish it wasn't during the actual race. I know they've every right to do it, and the truth must out whatever that may be, and maybe if there is anything really damaging then it will be better for cleaning up the sport to do it under the brightest light rather than leaving it 'till when it's faded after the Tour. But it's just frustrating when the race is about to get going properly to have potential scandal hanging over it straight away. I'd have been happier if it had already been published. Still, we'll see.

Keith Oates

Janner
If his accusations are true then it is only right that they should come out and people take the consequences. However the timing of the articles just before the start of the TdF proves to me that the welfare of the sport of cycling is the last thing on the minds of Landis and his supposed supporter LeMond but that personal vendetta is the top of their motives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates

Janner
SM, I don't think you've fully read what I said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
gb155 said:
Sigh, he's just looking for one more payday !
From who? I doubt the WSJ are generous enough to make it worth his while financially.

Two things stand out from the article (we needn't detain ourselves with most of it, we know that Teflon Tex is a cheating douchebag).

Firstly the missing bikes business, that's interesting because it should be traceable and Trek seem to confirm that there has been some dodgy business there. I wonder what the Feds will make of it?

Secondly, that Jonathan Vaughters offered Landis sanctuary in 2006 and pressed him to 'fess up. That is to Vaughters' credit and fits with the way he has been going about things since setting up Garmin. I suspect that he knows a lot more than he has ever come out with publicly and I wish that he would speak out about what he knows. However, I'd bet a fiver that if he did then things would be made very, very difficult for him as a team manager.

Yeah the bike bit was interesting and is something the feds can pursue as it's all on home soil. I was struggling to see how they could make anything in Europe stick.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Chuffy said:
From who? I doubt the WSJ are generous enough to make it worth his while financially.

Two things stand out from the article (we needn't detain ourselves with most of it, we know that Teflon Tex is a cheating douchebag).

Firstly the missing bikes business, that's interesting because it should be traceable and Trek seem to confirm that there has been some dodgy business there. I wonder what the Feds will make of it?

Secondly, that Jonathan Vaughters offered Landis sanctuary in 2006 and pressed him to 'fess up. That is to Vaughters' credit and fits with the way he has been going about things since setting up Garmin. I suspect that he knows a lot more than he has ever come out with publicly and I wish that he would speak out about what he knows. However, I'd bet a fiver that if he did then things would be made very, very difficult for him as a team manager.

Who's 'we'? You and Floyd?
:laugh:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Crackle said:
Yeah the bike bit was interesting and is something the feds can pursue as it's all on home soil. I was struggling to see how they could make anything in Europe stick.
Phonak were Swiss registered weren't they? But yes, if anything happens it's going to be in the US, unless the UCI/Verbruggen angle turns up stuff that can be actioned.

Ashtrayhead - You might want to check this out. It might help. :laugh:

Top Bottom