Brad wiggins CTT open event

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What time did you do @jdtate101?

To be honest I always felt safer on that course than many others I raced on.

Agree, in the dry, I'd rather ride the V718 over most other courses, in terms of safety. In the wet I would be reluctant though.

The reason I barely ever ride on that course is simply because I cba to travel to Hull very often (2 hour drive for an effort that lasts less than 20 mins), I give it a whirl maybe twice a season.

Last edited:

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
What time did you do @jdtate101?

Agree, in the dry, I'd rather ride the V718 over most other courses, in terms of safety. In the wet I would be reluctant though.

The reason I barely ever ride on that course is simply because I cba to travel to Hull very often (2 hour drive for an effort that lasts less than 20 mins), I give it a whirl maybe twice a season.

Not my video...it's just one doing the rounds on Youtube.

fimm

Veteran
I think the video is from Wiggins' "minute man" (who is obviously enjoying his 15 minutes of fame...)
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/raci...ggos-minute-man-battles-world-champion-172029
The minute man held him off for 4 minutes - and according to the article, Wiggo caught his 7-minute man...

EDIT: I am wrong, this video is from another rider. The minute man's cam was forward facing and his video is linked to by Smokin' Joe.

Last edited:

oldroadman

Veteran
That was a brisk ride - 17-58. Note the NEG rider following to give a bit of protection. However it's still not quite a "race of truth" when traffic is flying past and there's a possibility of being held up at roundabouts. A proper closed road is the only way, not a fixed distance, and the relative times are the important thing. The British obsession with "times" for road events is daft. Conditions are NEVER the same, courses vary, despite what the decidedly odd people at CTT believe, so why try and make the comparison? The only result that matters is the amount by which anyone was adrift of the Wiggins time. This shows riders where they really stand against an Olympic champion. A sobering way back in most cases.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
That was a brisk ride - 17-58. Note the NEG rider following to give a bit of protection. However it's still not quite a "race of truth" when traffic is flying past and there's a possibility of being held up at roundabouts. A proper closed road is the only way, not a fixed distance, and the relative times are the important thing. The British obsession with "times" for road events is daft. Conditions are NEVER the same, courses vary, despite what the decidedly odd people at CTT believe, so why try and make the comparison? The only result that matters is the amount by which anyone was adrift of the Wiggins time. This shows riders where they really stand against an Olympic champion. A sobering way back in most cases.
Reminds me of a club 25 back in the early seventies on the E1 at Quendon in Essex, which was held on the same day another club had their open road race. They used a section of the A11 on which the E1 was based, and the time keeper in our finishing lane just off the main road was astonished to see one of our members peel off from the bunch as the road race passed and race across the line. Under questioning later he sheepishly admitted he'd been with the road race for about five miles and his time was declared null and void.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I think the video is from Wiggins' "minute man" (who is obviously enjoying his 15 minutes of fame...)
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/raci...ggos-minute-man-battles-world-champion-172029
The minute man held him off for 4 minutes - and according to the article, Wiggo caught his 7-minute man...

EDIT: I am wrong, this video is from another rider. The minute man's cam was forward facing and his video is linked to by Smokin' Joe.

It's from a rider further up the order as you can see the start of the video is from the turn around point....

Top Bottom