Slightly OT, but when the King's Cross escalator fire (which was caused by a cigarette end) was investigated, they found evidence of seven similar fires which had burned themselves out before getting a proper hold.Bad Company said:It made me think of the number of wooden stands at footie grounds all over the country at that time AND people were allowed to smoke in them.
On reflection it's a wonder there was only one disaster.
There's differing views on whether the footage should be available to view. Yorkshire TV wont allow anyone to use it, apart from fire services for training, but it's easily accesable on video hosting sites. I believe it should be available for people to view & let younger fans realise the enormity of what happened.I've seen the footage a few times over the years. It's very powerful, I think the speed of the incident is astonishing.
|Your help pls - Bradford/Shipley||General Cycling Discussions||10|
|Bradford council's cycling champion clueless... well I never....||Advocacy & Cycling Safety||19|
|E||Angela Rayner fired||News & Current Affairs||5|
|Disney's snow white comes under fire||CC Cafe - General Chat||136|