Bradley wiggans hour attempt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

just jim

Pah. Piece of piss mate. Where's me bike.

He's thrown down the gauntlet...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I do not think mjray is even watching it, so he will not be getting the buzz some of the rest of us are.
I was watching but turned over to watch some Alps. After you've seen a guy ride the first circle...oh wait, we didn't, did we? :laugh: anyway, what buzz? An hour of unbroken Carlton Kirby? Doesn't that deserve a certificate?

screenman

Legendary Member
There seems to be a few of us on here that enjoyed it, I think ITV4 viewing figures may have been reduced somewhat.

I am surprised at the dislike you seemed to show in an earlier post that you would have watched any of it.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Nod off telly, which I rather enjoyed after a long ride.

Watched the start, nodded off for about 45 minutes, then woke up for the last few laps.

Wiggo should be pleased with himself, but my guess is he thought he would go a bit faster.

yello

He does look bloody good on a bike though, doesn't he? Born to it even. There are few cyclists that look as part of the machine as he does, IMHO. His upper body seems rock solid, there's very little hip movement, his cadence metronomic. He might be suffering but there's few telltale signs. He just keeps rolling. As close to perfection as you're going to get.

Slaav

Veteran
Watched highlights and the atmosphere was brilliant according to a colleague who was there with his daughter.
A truly great achievement and remarkable focus/ concentration!

I wonder how the training sets him up for the Track and Olympics? Team Pursuit isn't it? and that is more of a long sprint isn't it really?

Citius

Dowsett will get it back, no problem.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
He does look bloody good on a bike though, doesn't he? Born to it even. There are few cyclists that look as part of the machine as he does, IMHO. His upper body seems rock solid, there's very little hip movement, his cadence metronomic. He might be suffering but there's few telltale signs. He just keeps rolling. As close to perfection as you're going to get.

The sign of a world class time trialist, I imagine

sidevalve

Über Member
Odd - I noticed that his attempt got billing on the main news but Guy Martin's record did not [any of them].

fimm

Veteran
Hasn't the other thread got a spoiler alert?

Weird that, methinks. 'Spoiler'. He either will or he won't. It's not like there is a potentially exciting multi-contested sprint. Would you really sit through an hour's replay to see the result?
Assuming you mean the thread in Pro Cycling (or whatever it is called now), that thread discusses a number of the recent Hour attempts and I started it with "may contain spoilers" in the title because I didn't know how the thread might develop (if at all) and, well, it might contain spoilers!

yello

No criticism intended fimm, you were doing the right thing and I respect that.

It just made me smile, that's all. I couldn't imagine anyone sitting down to watch a recording of the event!

Top Bottom