Bradley Wiggins calls for safer cycling laws and compulsory helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
'Credibility' as in cycle helmet create more injuries than they save ?

According to Angela Lee's Bicycle Helmet Initiative Trust they do!

Their grasp of figures was so poor that the number o head injuries in which helmets would be of benefit after compulksion was greater than the number occuring before compulsion.

The only way this could happen was that compulsion was causing more accidents!

Where can I find the records of people with undamaged heads because they were wearing a helmet?

I wore a helmet, but got sunburnt through the vents..... which way does that count?

Adrian, both you and I know that is not what I was looking for. I was sure the anti helmet brigade would have the information.^_^

Who are this anti-helmet brigade of whom you speak? I know of a pro-helmet brigade and an anti-compulsion/pro-choice brigade but I've yet to come across anyone campaigning to have helmets banned.

Knowing that my inanities have intruded in the ordered thinking of others is part of what generates the giggle.

It is puerile, shallow, self-regarding and irresponsible - but surely that's what these helmet debates are for.

I believe I have the data to hand that will prove I am right.

It only intrudes in the same way as someone mooning thinks its the biggest giggle and everyone else sighs and thinks what an peanut.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It only intrudes in the same way as someone mooning thinks its the biggest giggle and everyone else sighs and thinks what an peanut.
I have to disagree. Whilst I do think 'what an peanut' whenever someone moons in my line of sight, and it happens all too rarely now I don't frequent rugby clubs, knowing the game Boris B is playing does occasionally put a smile on my face.

The anti-helmet brigade? Bunch of knobbers.

You're not a complete knob if you haven't got a helmet ;)

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The anti helmet brigade do exist...

every time a cyclist who chooses to wear a helmet because they think "I'd be an idiot not to" has a discussion with a cyclist who chooses not to wear helmet because they think "cycling isn't dangerous" ... the anti-helemt brigade appears in the imagination of the helmet wearer.

maybe a knock on the head might do them some good.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
1974304 said:
Oh and it is not anti helmet, it is anti compulsionism.

Point of order! I used to be a namby-pamby half-arsed liberal pro-choicer, but 3BM's eloquent argument upthread convinced me that Helmets are Shite. Sadly we are not yet a brigade, but with people as cool as Mickle, 3BM and me on board, I am confidently predicting a recruitment frenzy.

Who are this anti-helmet brigade of whom you speak? I know of a pro-helmet brigade and an anti-compulsion/pro-choice brigade but I've yet to come across anyone campaigning to have helmets banned.
See my tag line!

There are those who actually find the concept beyond too complex and requires too much understanding.

Anything that does not bow to the altar of the omnipotent and infallible efficiency of cycle helmets is obviously anti-helmet!

I let my posts on this forum illustrate just how "anti-helmet" I am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom