Bradley Wiggins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boyfrom64

Veteran
I have just finished reading Bradley Wiggins, no Sir Bradley Wiggins autobiography, which I can thoroughly recommend.

For someone like me who is still a relative newcomer to the sport (2 years) it was really interesting to learn about his views on drugs, his fellow riders, the people who do and who have influenced him and his life, his deep respect for the history of the sport and the great riders who were his childhood hero's.

In a world dominated by mega rich sports people such as pampered footballers who all you ever hear about is that they have such a short career that they have every right to earn the millions they do I think it is really refreshing to have a sportsman like Bradley for youngsters to look up to.

Do not get me wrong, I realise that there are a number of great cyclist's within the UK who deserve praise and respect for their achievements but from the small amount of knowledge I have at present for the sport I am impressed with Bradley Wiggins the man.

If you have not read his book go and read it, I do not believe you will be disappointed. My next read is Graeme Obree's autobiography, which from the little I know of Graeme, this will be an interesting read.

Kies

agreed - i am also reading it and i am liking the man, his philosophy on life is good in many respects

Lee_M

Guru
thirded, though my favourite comment about him was in the tv programme where his wife was asked what he was like

"Bradley the husband and father is wonderful ..."
"Bradley the cyclist is a bit of a twat"

Epic!

paulw77

Über Member
Which autobiography do you mean ? There are a couple I think. I've just finished "My Time" and found it quite dull to be honest.

Cath Wiggins is a complete star though.

Hont

Guru
Davis Millar's book, 'riding through the dark' is excellent.
+1 (except the section on Lance where he tip toes around a bit. Needs a re-write now that he could say what he thinks)

Muguruki

+2 Millar's book is excellent. Obree's story is good but the book is poorly written. I bought "In pursuit of glory" from a charity shop last year but not yet read it.

Love the Mrs Wiggo quote.

OP
OP
Boyfrom64

Boyfrom64

Veteran
paulw77 I too have just finished "My Time", which as I said in my original post, I can thoroughly recommend. That's the beauty of humans we are all different and like different things.

Top Bottom