Brake Adapters ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BretonM

Hello all,

I decided upon the Hope Tech 3 E4 Brakes for my bike with 200mm Floating Rotors.

My bike is currently running a Fox 34 Performance 140mm Boost Fork with Shimano M506 Brakes and a 180mm Rotor up front.
With a 160mm Rotor in the rear.

I've decided upon the 200mm rotors as I'm pretty heavy and feel they'd suit my riding best !

The fork is Post Mount and the rear is an is mount, see pictures for the current adapters in use !

I would like to know what adapters I need to make the rotors fit and to have no issue with clearance.

( I haven't come here to be told that my decision to purchase the 200mm Rotor is incorrect or misguided but simply for advice on the solution to my 'problem' )

Thanks !!

Attachments

• IMG_5028.JPG
    IMG_5028.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_5029.JPG
    IMG_5029.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_5031.JPG
    IMG_5031.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_5032.JPG
    IMG_5032.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_5034.JPG
    IMG_5034.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_5035.JPG
    IMG_5035.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 160

Drago

Legendary Member
I would check that your frame and forks are rated to handle the stresses of that size before splashing out.

Once that's established, most rotor sellers should be able to sell you a set to match. Do Hope themselves not sell them?

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

I would check that your frame and forks are rated to handle the stresses of that size before splashing out.

Once that's established, most rotor sellers should be able to sell you a set to match. Do Hope themselves not sell them?

Stresses ?

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, you're putting more leverage on the caliper mounts/bosses.

My guess - and its a guess only - is your forks may be OK but that's a big jump for the frame.

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Aye, you're putting more leverage on the caliper mounts/bosses.

My guess - and its a guess only - is your forks may be OK but that's a big jump for the frame.

What do you reckon then, a no go for the rear ?

Maybe I could get a 180mm instead ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Fox 34's will be fine. You'll need 40mm adapter on the front - you've already got a 20mm by the looks of it, so you'll need to swap that out.

You'll need a bigger IS to post adapter too - not sure of the size.

Most forks are set up for 160mm discs without the adapter.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'd go 180 at the rear at most - the adapter will be massive for 200mm

OP
OP
BretonM

BretonM

Fox 34's will be fine. You'll need 40mm adapter on the front - you've already got a 20mm by the looks of it, so you'll need to swap that out.

You'll need a bigger IS to post adapter too - not sure of the size.

Most forks are set up for 160mm discs without the adapter.

So I won't be at risk damaging my fork using a 200mm Rotor up front ?

Will I have to get a Hope specific +40mm adapter or will a shimano one do the job ?

I'd go 180 at the rear at most - the adapter will be massive for 200mm

Honestly, I'm not to fussed if the adapter is huge or what it really looks like ^_^

Is there an adapter available that will do the trick ?

Thanks for the help, extremely valuable as usual !!

Top Bottom