Brake alignment?!? help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard-clarke2

Hi,

My i had a fall or two from riding in the snow before christmas. From the first fall my front break pad was rubbing i tried to fix it and i was getting enough brake. I have been messing around with the brakes trying to fix both front and back now i have basically no brake because the brake aligns to the right on both front and back brake. How do i align the brake to the centre then i can tighten it properly. The is a good 3mm on the right side from the rims and and left side nearly touches

The bike is a trek 7.2 fx

thank you

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Hi,

My i had a fall or two from riding in the snow before christmas. From the first fall my front break pad was rubbing i tried to fix it and i was getting enough brake. I have been messing around with the brakes trying to fix both front and back now i have basically no brake because the brake aligns to the right on both front and back brake. How do i align the brake to the centre then i can tighten it properly. The is a good 3mm on the right side from the rims and and left side nearly touches

The bike is a trek 7.2 fx

thank you

The bike tutor web site explains things quite well.

OP
OP
R

richard-clarke2

Thank you i think i have sorted it out as much as i can, the side screws were wrong. Also my brake pads need replaced especially the back. Thank you

Top Bottom