Brake blocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
inkd

inkd

Thanks for the replys, I think the cartridge brakes would be better than just replacing blocks. I will look around at weekend in LBS and fleabay. Which cartridges would anyone recommend? The discobrakes are good prices.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What brakes do you currently have?

HovR

Über Member
I'm using the Clarks road pads without the red bits, £5 in store at Halfords. They stop me well after they have bedded in, but not quite as good as the £6 Ashima pads I'm using on another of my bikes.

tigger

Über Member
Swissstop Greens. £40. 2500 hilly miles and I've still not adjusted the brakes once! Good for another 10,000 miles at this rate and only £20 to replace the pads. Superb stopping power. Cheap when you think about it!

OP
OP
inkd

inkd

Yes, but what are they? What brand and model calliper?
http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/products.asp?category=Bikes&product=Sirrus - 2013 Hybrid Bike
This is my commuter, happy enough with it but the brakes are not great, i have been looking on ebay at some deore brake sets as they come with cartridge brakes. TBH I might just end up getting some deore brake sets and just replace them, Im sure I seen somewhere they were around £12-£14 delivered. What do you think? thx

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You can add cartridges to existing brakes, hence why I asked the brake model in order to advise which to buy, but that link gives no details.

OP
OP
inkd

inkd

You can add cartridges to existing brakes, hence why I asked the brake model in order to advise which to buy, but that link gives no details.
Sure, I have no idea what brakes they are just bog standard alloy brakes? I was wanting to get cartridges as there seems to be more choice on replacement pads something like this perhaps?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vuelta-US...cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item3a784ad937
2013-01-25 11.26.20.jpg

Top Bottom