brake calipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlenBen

Über Member
I have a broken rear caliper on a specialized allez, currently a stock caliper, just says axis on it.

Sora groupset throughout, except the brakes.

Any recommendations for a replacement? Do I replace both? The ocd side of me says i probably will anyway.

I was looking at 105, £50 a pair. Are these overkill for the bike? Will sora work better with sora?

Too many questions.

Appreciate any help. ^_^

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd get the 105s if they are the correct drop (assume standard but check). Get the best calipers you can afford especially if ride all weathers

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
105 every time if they're the right drop,

DSCN0135.JPG

adamhearn

Veteran
I suspect that decent pads and cables will make more of a difference than the calipers. £50/pair of 105 calipers is reasonable... though just another £15 for Ultegra's ;) :biggrin:

OP
OP
GlenBen

GlenBen

Über Member
The drop is 47, seems fairly standard as far as I can see.

Currently using koolstop pads and the cables were changed at the start of winter. Dont really have any complaints with the current ones, just thought id upgrade a bit seeing as a new one is needed anyway.

How about ultegra over 105 then? Though i cant find them at only £15 more anywhere.

OP
OP
GlenBen

GlenBen

Über Member
[QUOTE 5122672, member: 9609"]how have they broken ? complete failure during braking?[/QUOTE]

The bit just above where the pad bolts on snapped off, no idea how, just made a noise and it was gone. Means I now have 1 brake pad spare.

Anyone use the clarks cable outer? Just out of interest. Ill replace the cables when i change them, thats one of few available from planet x though.

Top Bottom