Brake help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jodami84

Wanted to ask folk on here before i potentially made a fool of myself down the LBS. Not sure what i have done, but i took off my wheel the other day and once replaced my front brake was all to pot. After much tinkering, I have now got it working, but whilst it stops, I cant get any tension on the handle. I have a feeling im missing something straightforward, being an amateur, so any help would be appreciated

Originally you probably put the wheel on of skew and it would only took seconds to fix. I am unsure what you've done now.

festival

Über Member
Jodami84 said:
Wanted to ask folk on here before i potentially made a fool of myself down the LBS. Not sure what i have done, but i took off my wheel the other day and once replaced my front brake was all to pot. After much tinkering, I have now got it working, but whilst it stops, I cant get any tension on the handle.

What kind of brake is it?
Assuming it is a v brake you may have knocked the long spring arm off its perch (it sits behind the brake arm) or maybe when the caliper was released to allow the wheel out you allowed the cable to pop out of its stops, allowing the cable to pull tight but no spring to release it back.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Cable actuated, or hydraulic? What model?

When removing a wheel, I invariably find it goes back in a slightly different position (L/R) and that I have to dial in the pads again to get the position correct.

OP
OP
J

Jodami84

Cheers for the advice folks. Had another go early this morning and realised that it was the thin metal cable that had slipped down so adjusted it, tightened it and bobs your uncle.

Top Bottom