Brake Pad fail - suck it up or whinge?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
If I were Swiss Stop I would want to know about any failures.
If you don't report it - they can't fix it for the future. I mean you've spent more time on here discussing what to do about it than it would have taken to email them ?

Found five minutes to ping an message on their site. I suspect they'll just point me back at the retailer but you never know your luck. I'm not going to expend any more effort than that.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
A reply in my inbox this morning requesting photos.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Yeah, but any response about the brakes?

giphy.gif

Your a good looking man after all. :laugh:

It’s true that I have a certain rugged charm.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Photos sent.

1694589940175.jpeg

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Another brand (three initials, UK-based) was notorious for the frction material coming off the backplate, whether on bicycle, motorbike or car applications. Don't know if they ever fixed it.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just going to add, I have worn multiple pairs of pads down to the metal. This demonstrates a total lack of enthusiasm for any kind of brake maint regime other than 'it works or it doesn't'! Hitting the metal is often not noticeable in any performance related way but just gets really noisy (which reminds me, my best carbon sunday bike rear brakes were grinding horribly last weekend, must check the pads......).

This possibly just goes to demonstrate that your failure is not typical or to be expected. IME with bikes and cars the only time the friction material parts company is on massively old pads where the vehicle mileage has been so low that corrosion has crept behind the friction material and caused separation rom the metal backing plate.

Complain like hell and ask to speak to their lawyers!!!!

Top Bottom