Brake pad replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Hi all.

I'm looking to replace the pads on my Miche Performance brakes, and bought the only pads the LBS had - Fibrax.

I have a feeling that the pads won't fit the current pad holders - how can I know which pads will fit, before buying/opening the box?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Cheers,

TP

Broadside

Guru
They will fit. You have bought cartridges with pads (good), the old single units on the bike can just be removed and binned.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
They will fit. You have bought cartridges with pads (good), the old single units on the bike can just be removed and binned.

Ahah!

I saw the little holes and that it was a black cartridge with two slots for screwing the pad in. Now it's obvious it's a single piece.

image.jpg

Cheers.

Any idea if "Fibrax Science Range" are any good?

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
No idea what they are like, but now you have cartridges the next time you just need to buy new inserts, so if you don't like them for any reason it is an easy swap.

It was a bit of a faff getting the brakes set up properly. I can't figure out what was wrong as I don't know what I did to sort it.

When I put the wheel back in it was fine, but locking down the quick release clamped the brakes down. I messed about with the cable tension, pulling the cap off, but as I gave up I noticed it was all okay again...<shrug>

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've got exactly the same Miche brakes. When the original set of pads wore out (surprisingly quickly for some unknown reason), I bought some Clark brake pads with their carrier thingies. They seem to work pretty well and are pretty cheap. I once bought some KoolStop pads that left me totally underawed. About £18 for a couple of blobs of rubber? Someone's taking the piss.

Top Bottom