Brake pad stress help plss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speedycat

Hi I have an e bike, trying to fix my front brake why had poor braking anyway, ive ended up with no breaking now. ! Ive took a cpl pics, does this look normal for disc brake pads ? Ive no cycle and working tomoz. ! Any help would be brilliant?

Attachments

• IMG_8625.jpeg
    IMG_8625.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8624.jpeg
    IMG_8624.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8595.jpeg
    IMG_8595.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8594.jpeg
    IMG_8594.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8599.jpeg
    IMG_8599.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 41
You have taken some pictures of brakes.
They are cable operated have you tried squeezing the brake lever to make them work?

None of those images show the brake pads themselves. I recognise the brake mechanisms though which are typically supplied on very cheap bikes with disc brakes. They are basic single piston calipers so only come in from one side. You should be able to follow various youtube videos showing how to adjust them but you need to remove and check the brake pads for wear first in case they need replacement. Also you need to check the rotor is completely flat by spinning the wheel and making sure the rotor doesn't wobble. If the rotor has been pushed too much to one side due to poorly setup brakes the rotor may not be completely flat. They can be adjusted to work reasonably well, the issue with such brakes is as the brake pads wear they will need to be re-adjusted manually from time to time. If you need to get replacement brake pads they are often on ebay or aliexpress for not much money.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=t9AONtEy7V8

Jody

Stubborn git
None of those images show the brake pads themselves.

Brake pads shown in image one and two. Looks like they are in backwards and possibly not the corret pads for the caliper.

New pads, right way round, clean the disc and bed in. See where the OP goes from there.

Big John

Guru
If you haven't a clue how to fix them then take them into a bike shop. Crap brakes potentially can kill you so get them done properly. They're too important to fanny with if you don't know what you're doing, no offence intended.

Brake pads shown in image one and two. Looks like they are in backwards and possibly not the corret pads for the caliper.

New pads, right way round, clean the disc and bed in. See where the OP goes from there.

I actually meant out of the caliper so we could see the surface on them properly to see if they are worn or not and how they are worn.

Jody

Stubborn git
I actually meant out of the caliper so we could see the surface on them properly to see if they are worn or not and how they are worn.

Given the rust over the front end and the pads in backwards, you can probably assume the pads aren't in great condition and for a tenner it's easy to swap them out.

iluvmybike

Über Member
Take pads out to check for wear and contamination. Often folk think they are worn out when in fact they are covered in oil or othwr contaminent. Whichever treat yuor self to a new set and fit them properly - plenty of advice on youtube.

Top Bottom