brake pads on a cube peloton race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
this is aimed at @Louch (or anyone else with same bike )

im picking up a new bike on thursday and by all accounts the standard shimano pads eat rims ,it has 105 brakes so id imagine pretty generic pads are fitted
i dont intend much wet weather use so thats not a big consideration ,im just after something that works well and wont b going through rims ,i suppose its quite a high end bike fitted with not bad wheels so i dont wana b having to replace rims as a result of cheap pads ,any recommendations peeps ?

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Swissstop pads. Fantastic in the dry, even better in the wet. No abrasive compounds to damage your rims
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/swissstop-flash-pro-green-high-performance-pads/

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
think those are what are fitted to my Miltis 3 Sram Force brakes, they do seem bloody good, compared to the cheapo Clarks I fitted to my fixed commuter.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Hi @jim55 , I have swisstop greens on my Boardman, and to be honest I prefer the brakes as standard on the cube, so have not swapped them over as I planned. Have seen me good in both wet and dry conditions so far.

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
its really the non rim destroying type im interested in ,no point having pads that stop but are like an angle grinder on the rims

Top Bottom