Brake Pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Anteros

Regular
Dear cyclists,

I bought a second hand bike, and I noticed this weekend that my brake pads are really worn out. Like, I found they actually scraped away bits of the alluminum on my tires, and you could hear it.. Now I am thinking about buying some new ones, and I found out that for example my brake shoe fits these brake-pads: The Shimano R55C4 pads and the BBB BBS-03A.

I was wondering if you guys have any clue what are actual good braking pads that'll fit, because I certainly have no clue. I need 4 (front- and backbrakes) and it would be nice if this could stay under 50 euro's. The lesser the better, but if there's a big difference once the price rises, 50 would still be in my budget.

Greetings, Anteros

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Where do you want to buy, from the internet or a shop? Which country are you in?

OP
OP
A

Anteros

Regular
I want to buy online, I am from the Netherlands and I'm not sure which brake calipers are on there. I asked an online store in the Netherlands and according to the customer service the ones mentioned above would fit on there

I am only looking for the pads tho, not whole new brake shoes.

I did some research and found out they most likely pretty old Shimano Ultegra's, the pictures of the 6500's seem to be close if not exactly the same.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Anteros

Regular
If buying on line I should just try to match yours with the pic the online shops usually provide.

Dear Cycleops,

The main problem is not finding ones that fit, the problem is that so far I've already found quite a few that fit: For example: Koolstop Dual Compound, and most of the Shimano (Ultegra) brake pads. The problem is there are many different ones and I was wondering what your opinions where on what are the best ones.

https://www.mantel.com/koolstop-vbr...j1_eGbElFgIvrYrpwSZgwkVcJJACD7vIaAm04EALw_wcB
https://www.futurumshop.nl/shimano-r55c4-remblokken-inschuif-2-paar.phtml

Links from Dutch shops and ones that are compatible. Amazon is also always an option!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Anteros

Regular
Much of a muchness. Whichever Koolstop one you can get. It is just that the Salmon is really durable and never eats rims.

I can almost get any, so that's nice. I will wait if anyone else has any other suggestions and if not I'll buy the Salmon. Thanks!

Top Bottom