Brake recommendations, please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hopefully, today sees the arrival of the new brake lever/shifters for the Revell mixte. They should work fine with the Weinmann 730s currently fitted. However, if that's not the case, what are my options for fitting something dual-pivotey? Presume long drop as bike was originally 27x1.25 and now wearing 700c.
Would rather not have to do any frame mods but if I do, I do...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Have a look at tektro range as they offer long drop and nutted type and try some koolstop pads

Gunk

Guru
I’ve used an old set of Shimano 600’s or EX100’s both work like modern Shimano calipers. Another option would be an old pair of Campagnolo dual pivot calipers.

si_c

Guru
Hopefully, today sees the arrival of the new brake lever/shifters for the Revell mixte. They should work fine with the Weinmann 730s currently fitted. However, if that's not the case, what are my options for fitting something dual-pivotey? Presume long drop as bike was originally 27x1.25 and now wearing 700c.
Would rather not have to do any frame mods but if I do, I do...
Probably looking at something like the Tektro R539s, long drop dual pivots, mechanical advantage will be no better than the Weinmanns though, so if you can get them working that would be your best bet.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I have put Tektro 539s on two bikes. They do the job, but aren't, to my mind, as reassuring as short drop brakes, v-brakes or discs.

Top Bottom