Brake Shoe Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

re84uk

Hi Everyone

I am interested in replacing my existing brake blocks on my Tektro
TK-R340 brakes to a cartridge type brake shoe. Does anyone know what cartridge shoes would be compatible?​

OP
OP
re84uk

re84uk

Any ideas?

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
That model looks to be standard on several Giant road bikes, so I'm guessing that they are standard Shimano compatible brakes.

Any of the 105/Ultegra style pads and cartridges should be OK. I've been using Gooey pads for a while and had no problems in wet or dry - and they're pretty easy on rim wear too.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...le&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom

If you're after 100% best braking in the wet the equivalent Koolstop Salmon pads are probably as good as you're going to get, but the pads themselves are a tad more expensive than the gooey ones.

I'd guess the same as above ^^^^ I never tried them my self but the clarks shoes are supposed to enter a good vfm entry into the cartridge. market. On the inserts so far I tried Ultegra (OE) the rear lasted 9600miles. I then tried the Koolstops Salmons they lasted 2100 miles but their braking is superior. I then tried Black Original Swisstops the breaking is on a par with the salmons but only got around 900 miles. I'm currently using cheap BBB inserts and their braking seems to be on a par with the Ultegra, I've no idea on wear yet as they are only 400miles , but they seem better than the black swisstop that way and they are about a 1/4 of the price. I would admit I'm probably riding a bit more in harsh conditions and probably more aggressively too since I fitted the last three, based on that, I think the Koolstop were the best all rounders.

Top Bottom