Brake 'thingy'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darth vadar

Über Member
Can anybody help please?

I have a requirement to have both brakes operating from one brake lever only.

I have been told that I can buy a small piece of kit (?) which allows both brake cables to be threaded and operated together.

Does anybody know what this might be called and where I could buy one. LBS maybe?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 20519

I believe what you are looking for is the Duplex lever. No threading together cables, just put them into the one lever. Simple. http://www.paulcomp.com/duplexlever.html

Zakalwe

Don't know what your requirements are, but should warn that it can be dangerous using both brakes at once, particularly under heavy braking. Your weight goes forward onto te front wheel, your back wheel loses the weight on it and locks up very easily . Skidding rubber doesn't have anywhere near as much traction as rolling rubber. Front brakes generally provide all the stopping power necessary.

Don't know what your requirements are, but should warn that it can be dangerous using both brakes at once, particularly under heavy braking. Your weight goes forward onto te front wheel, your back wheel loses the weight on it and locks up very easily . Skidding rubber doesn't have anywhere near as much traction as rolling rubber. Front brakes generally provide all the stopping power necessary.

agree with the above. Two separate levers on the same side of the bar would make more sense. I know of a paralympic rider (one arm) who rides very successfully like that....

Two levers on one side is a good solution but, with a bit of care in the set-up, there's no reason why two brakes cannot work perfectly well from one lever. I've done it myself.

What type of brakes are they? and can we get some pics of the bike's bars?

OP
OP
darth vadar

darth vadar

Über Member
Thanks for the replies so far.

See what I can do with the pics.

Its a Giant Rapid 2 (2010 I think) flat bar road bike if that helps.

Top Bottom