BRAKING NEWS! BRAKING NEWS! BRAKING NEWS!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Fab Foodie said:
Agreed, now it's Shimano it'll feel much silkier...

Agreed :bicycle:

Be nice to get that old tat out of the way and everyone can have proper kit on their bikes ;)

<Ducks and runs for cover>

Will1985

Über Member
Oh dear God.....we'll have to go back to fixed/ss, SA, or maybe Simplex.

On the plus side, if it is anything like Ford's acquisition of Volvo it will be a positive thing and Shimano will take things from Campag (like serviceable STIs).

Will1985 said:
Oh dear God.....we'll have to go back to fixed/ss, SA, or maybe Simplex.

On the plus side, if it is anything like Ford's acquisition of Volvo it will be a positive thing and Shimano will take things from Campag (like serviceable STIs).

What I wish to know is are they going to be keeping it as it is or are they going to be stripping it down over time?

If Shimano have bought them, I hope they continue the Campy line. After getting my first 105 bike I was just telling my mate that I prefer the Veloce on my other bike. In particular I have a tendency to ride on the tops occasionally and from there with the Veloce, I can flick the thumb shifter with my pinky.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Shimano will keep Campag..... come on..anyone know where Campag's Carbon kit is moulded...? I don't...but it's not advertised is it...

I may switch to Shimagnolo Super Ace Record 57..... one day..

Not sure if this is true at all................... anyway..

Mickle will be turning in his bed................ 7400 DA is the BEST.....EVER....!!!

4F said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, tell me its not true :biggrin::cry:

It is true.

Spandex did type "Braking" instead of "Breaking" and "may of" instead of "may have".

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Aperitif said:
Some further reading relevant to this, from Bike Europe's archive.
If the total turnover figures include Fulcrum we can infer that the rest of the range is going nowhere.

If Campag disappear then the price of Dura-Ace will go through the roof (and, at £352 for a pair of levers, or £199 for a cassette, it's more than pricey enough, thankyou). I'd have thought that the EU would look at the competition angle.

Davidc

Guru
dellzeqq said:
If the total turnover figures include Fulcrum we can infer that the rest of the range is going nowhere.

If Campag disappear then the price of Dura-Ace will go through the roof (and, at £352 for a pair of levers, or £199 for a cassette, it's more than pricey enough, thankyou). I'd have thought that the EU would look at the competition angle.

Hope so. The price of Shimano parts has gone through the roof with Campag competition so with only them and SRAM left what can we expect?

Top Bottom