@Brandane's Unsolicited Deliveries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Errrr,,.... uuhhmm something something , i dont like football..... mutter mumble, tuesday isnt it..

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Best thing he can do when it arrives is to belt it with a hammer 😂
I used to live next door to a certified horologist employed by Rolex in their repair and service centre.
If they received a fake watch it had to be smashed and returned in a plastic bag. Some of the fakes are very good.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Getting away from Rolex and Lancastrian Dandy's, there are a couple of fraud associated with unsolicited deliveries.

one is fairly innocent for the recipient, where a seller orders it to "stoodge" address which then enables them to post up a glowing verified review. For obvious reasons, this is usually limited to low value items.

Another is linked to the returns process, where someone on the "inside" takes advance of a weakness in a returns process, so the goods are seen as returned on the system, but have been intercepted on route, and never make it back to the seller.

In the original @Brandane case it was high value and I don't believe there was a attempt to collect a return which is a little odd.

Brandane

Legendary Member
In the original @Brandane case it was high value and I don't believe there was a attempt to collect a return which is a little odd.
I believe he had a ‘courier’ at his door to collect the goods.
A "courier" came to my door about 48 hours after the first delivery to uplift the item. I sent him on his way because I didn't at that stage have anything in writing from JD Williams authorising the uplift. This courier guy, I believe was genuine despite his small van without livery. He had ID, hand held computer, and had just been delivering parcels to my downstairs neighbour. At that stage I had reported the matter to JDW, so they had probably organised an uplift without bothering to let me know.

I used to live next door to a certified horologist employed by Rolex in their repair and service centre.
If they received a fake watch it had to be smashed and returned in a plastic bag.
isn't that a bit legally dodgy?
the person may have sent their own possession/property in good faith.
sounds like a good reason to use a decathlon plastic watch to me - as I do.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
A bit like a forged note being marked as such by a bank, even if the person tendering it is doing so in good faith.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone know where to actually get a genuine Apple Lighting set of headphones. Apple have stopped selling them, Argos just refunded my daughter her money and the insurance as the headphones failed after 4 months. Again...

I've suggested she uses non Apple stuff. :whistle::whistle:

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone know where to actually get a genuine Apple Lighting set of headphones. Apple have stopped selling them, Argos just refunded my daughter her money and the insurance as the headphones failed after 4 months. Again...

I've suggested she uses non Apple stuff. :whistle::whistle:
John Lewis are showing them in stock.

Seevio

Guru
A fake watch is, in and of itself, illegal.
Do you have some sources for that? My searches were not very successful. If the buyer is aware that the watch is fake then there is no fraud involved which would indeed be a criminal act. That just leaves copyright infringement which I always thought was a civil matter.

A fake watch is, in and of itself, illegal. I doubt very much Rolex would hand one back in anything close to working order and will have checked their legal position very carefully.

i have heard that they retain, and dispose, of fake watches being sent into their service centres.
Whether a fake or stolen, Rolex cannot retain or destroy it as it does not belong to them. Its one of those urban myths. All they will tell you is that it is fake. They can also seek a court order to seize it. Thats is too much trouble for seizing a cheap ass fake and makes no economic sense. There are cases where Rolex and other brands do charge a service fee and the customer no longer wants it. Then they will destroy it.

Brands typically hire investigators to ferret out manufactures and wholesalers who deal in fakes. The investigators then work with law enforcement. Nobody is going is going to be hunted down for buying or owning a fake watch.

Here is an example but I use a stolen item instead of a fake to make the point. I run an LBS and someone nicked a brand new bike from my store while I was attending to a customer. I make a Police report. A month later a customer walks in with the stolen bike and wants to upgrade the groupset. I cannot tell him I will seize the bike. The coppers will be involved and they will ascertain how the customer ended up with the bike. If the customer bought it in good faith from someone who produced a fake receipt and the value is close to 2nd hand value for a month old bike, then both the customer and me have a claim and it will go for disposal inquiry.

Copper being what they are, try to avoid a disposal inquiry as it requires paperwork and referral to the Courts. So they get both parties to work it out or convince the naive customer that he had no right to it.

Top Bottom