Brandon Country Park Thetford?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Went through there yesterday and spotted loads of MTB riders having a break at the waterhole there. Does anybody here go to that area?

homercles

I have ridden round there a few times whilst staying at Center Parcs Elveden. It is a nice forest for a gentle ride but if you are looking for demanding stuff then don't bother. The so called black run is a decent enough single track for general fitness and is well marked and well used but it is almost completely devoid of anything technical. The thetford area is also completely flat so you won't find any taxing climbs or fast downhills. It depends what kind of ride you are after and what you are used to though really.

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
I have ridden round there a few times whilst staying at Center Parcs Elveden. It is a nice forest for a gentle ride but if you are looking for demanding stuff then don't bother. The so called black run is a decent enough single track for general fitness and is well marked and well used but it is almost completely devoid of anything technical. The thetford area is also completely flat so you won't find any taxing climbs or fast downhills. It depends what kind of ride you are after and what you are used to though really.

Yes, it is quite basic and for the moment, that works well with my skill level lol - Would like to progress to more demanding trails as I improve but currently, I just need to improve my general fitness and stamina.

You might not be saying that if you were racing there in the middle of the night! Those bombholes can really catch you out at 3am...
It's more of a rollercoaster -y and tight singletrack kind of place, if you like that kind of thing. it pays to go with a local because there are some tight twisty around-the-trees singeltrack sections that might not be obvious on first visit.

OP
OP
AndyCarolan

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
You might not be saying that if you were racing there in the middle of the night! Those bombholes can really catch you out at 3am...
It's more of a rollercoaster -y and tight singletrack kind of place, if you like that kind of thing. it pays to go with a local because there are some tight twisty around-the-trees singeltrack sections that might not be obvious on first visit.

Dont think I would fancy riding around there at 3am lol

Top Bottom