Bread bread bread!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
I love fresh baked bread, and now have a breadmaker! Had it since Christmas and have made many a normal loaf so far.

Anyone got any good recipies I can try in it? Got a large wholemeal loaf ready for when I wake up, marmite on toast with proper butter on fresh bread will be mine first thing!

Nom nom nom

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Cinnamon and raisin's good toasted with butter.

Gary E

Veteran
Don't know if you have kids but my kids love it when I make Baked Bean Bread. It's as easy as it sounds just substitute the water for a can of beans. It comes out orange and it's great toasted :smile:

If you were after proper Chefy answers - sorry :blush:

tomahawk

Good on you. Enjoy! We inherited a bread maker about 3 years ago and the wife won't use it but won't let me chuck it out either! She says that she'll get round to it when she has time once the kids have grown up (so that will be in about another 14 years). Damn - I need a buttered toast now after thinking about it - there goes the calorie controlled diet!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Don't know if you have kids but my kids love it when I make Baked Bean Bread. It's as easy as it sounds just substitute the water for a can of beans. It comes out orange and it's great toasted :smile:

If you were after proper Chefy answers - sorry :blush:
Bet that's great for scrambled eggs on toast!

sheddy

Legendary Member
Ok - please recommend me (or wifey) a breadmaker.

Our old one has bust after daily use in just 14 months...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

That's a serious habit!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Ok - please recommend me (or wifey) a breadmaker.

The bread maker of choice used to be the Panasonic ... don't know if there are now new good ones - ours has been going for 10 + years (not daily use), and my sister only recently replaced hers (the same model) which was used daily.

Good on you. Enjoy! We inherited a bread maker about 3 years ago and the wife won't use it but won't let me chuck it out either! She says that she'll get round to it when she has time once the kids have grown up (so that will be in about another 14 years). Damn - I need a buttered toast now after thinking about it - there goes the calorie controlled diet!
Oh, no. What could possibly be a solution to this terrible problem? </sarcasm>

I think it's time you learnt to use a bread maker.

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Lovely toasted wholemeal bread with lashings of butter and marmite! *drool

Need different yeast though as the stuff we have is for hand baking and needs activating first (found that out last night just as I was about to put it in.)

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
The bread maker of choice used to be the Panasonic ... don't know if there are now new good ones - ours has been going for 10 + years (not daily use), and my sister only recently replaced hers (the same model) which was used daily.
I bought a Panasonic last summer - going well so far...

Top Bottom