Bread Making recipes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Thanks to this thread I just remembered I had heard beeps a little while ago and couldn't work out what produced them. The bread maker - fresh batch of dough ready to put in a tin and cook.

I do the yeast thing first. This is courgette bread - where I have substituted some of the liquid with grated courgette in an effort to use up our glut of courgette. (It's actually the second one of the day as we ate the other loaf for lunch!).

rvw

Guru
I forget what make we've got, but the instructions to put the wet ingredients in first are to make sure that the yeast doesn't get wet until you want it to - so that, for instance, if you set it on a timer overnight, your yeast hasn't worn itself out before the machine has a chance to mix.
The only reason ours has wet stuff first, with flour floated on top to keep the dried yeast dry, is that it has a timer function (which we use a lot - wonderful to have fresh bread for breakfast!) and if the yeast starts to work several hours too early the results are rubbish. It's irrelevant if you start the machine straight away, since it just mixes everything up regardless.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The only reason ours has wet stuff first, with flour floated on top to keep the dried yeast dry, is that it has a timer function (which we use a lot - wonderful to have fresh bread for breakfast!) and if the yeast starts to work several hours too early the results are rubbish. It's irrelevant if you start the machine straight away, since it just mixes everything up regardless.
I thought you were ill and couldn't possibly contemplate anything to do with food?

And, more usefully to the thread, I thought that was what I was saying - but others said something differently.

And I do hope you're better tomorrow.

Top Bottom