Breaking Away on UK TV (Oscar winning movie, cycling theme)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Who watched it? Watched it late last night it was an ok film fair bit of cycling in there, you can see how it was the forerunner to the huge amount of coming of age films made in the eighties.

toontra

Veteran
Slightly clichéd, especially the feelgood ending, but overall a really enjoyable film (especially with the cycling subject matter). One of the better films on TV this Christmas.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention. I'd never heard of it before and would have missed it in the schedules.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
toontra said:
Slightly clichéd, especially the feelgood ending, but overall a really enjoyable film (especially with the cycling subject matter). One of the better films on TV this Christmas.
I watched my recording last night and I pretty much agree with you. Worth watching, but I probably won't bother to watch it again.

* SPOILERS *

Why were the nasty Italian Cinzano team carrying a bicycle pump during a race? Unless of course, they carried one just in case any rivals needed slowing down in a hurry :tongue:!

I've heard of racers doing the other dirty trick - of reaching over and flicking the gear lever of another rider.

Top Bottom