Brentwood bike race 8th June (this sunday)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

..anybody here doing this? Is it a proper race or just a free for all? Do you need to register? pay? ...I may do it...but I may not...if it's a roadie race then I'm out 'cos I just cant deal with the embarrasment on a tourer...:biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
I think this is the Brentwood Crits isn't it? Takes place in the town centre. To take part you will need to have a racing license from British Cycling and have worked your way up to at least a category 2 level. I don't think they will let middle aged blokes on clapped out Dawes Galaxies turn up and ride! :biggrin::biggrin:

I would definitely recomend that you turn up to watch though and get a taste of the razzmatazz of a big race on your doorstep.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

well i went, I saw and I left...I saw one race which was for the more teenage riders...still bloody fast and excellent riders. The mountain bike dispaly was pretty cool. One thing i dont understand about racing is why do all the riders have different bikes? Surely some are better than others and that must make a difference? Why dont they all have the same bikes?

walker

Bigtallfatbloke said:
well i went, I saw and I left...I saw one race which was for the more teenage riders...still bloody fast and excellent riders. The mountain bike dispaly was pretty cool. One thing i dont understand about racing is why do all the riders have different bikes? Surely some are better than others and that must make a difference? Why dont they all have the same bikes?

eh? you mean make and models?

personal preference, budget, cat 2 and above some are sponsored to ride/use certain bikes or parts.

you don't see the pro peleton all on Time frames?!? Club riders don't all go to their LBS to get their steads, even the ones that are affiliated with certain shops. My club can get Orbea's at a discount with the shop we are affiliated with, but only one rider has actually bought from that shop, and spent £4k on said bike.

Top Bottom