England : Hampshire Brewing Dolphin New Forest Summer Sportive.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harrison_888

Regular
I am. Newbie to the forum here.
I've been cycling for a number of years but this is the first year I've started getting into sportives and organised events. I'm doing the regular distance (69 (Wahey!) miles).
Living in Essex it's mostly flat rides for me but by the looks of the Elevation graph for the Brewin I'll have a shock.
If anyone has participated in the ride before I'd love some insider info and what to look out for.

Looking forward to it :wahhey:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I am. Newbie to the forum here.
I've been cycling for a number of years but this is the first year I've started getting into sportives and organised events. I'm doing the regular distance (69 (Wahey!) miles).
Living in Essex it's mostly flat rides for me but by the looks of the Elevation graph for the Brewin I'll have a shock.
If anyone has participated in the ride before I'd love some insider info and what to look out for.

Looking forward to it :wahhey:
Can't help with info on this ride, enjoy it.

you might want to consider http://www.aukweb.net/ if not doing so already. Not on the same scale in terms of # of riders at each event but lots of 100km ride options there.

harrison_888

Regular
Can't help with info on this ride, enjoy it.

you might want to consider http://www.aukweb.net/ if not doing so already. Not on the same scale in terms of # of riders at each event but lots of 100km ride options there.
Thanks I intend to - you hide your grumpiness very well.:okay:
The Audax website has some very appealing rides on it - I'll keep an eye out for something suitable. Cheers.

DRHysted

Guru
I’m actually taking part in a 10k run that crosses that route between Lepe and Exbury.
I’d say wave if you see me, but neither of us would recognise each other.

2500m gain over 70miles. Is that considered particularly taxing?
2500m over 70 miles would be a tough ride, but it's 2500ft, I know the area very well and I'd be surprised if it even turned out to be that much.

harrison_888

Regular
The ride was brilliant if not a little warm (they cancelled the Epic course to protect the safety of the riders - and some arse covering from an insurance POV).
Their organisation of the start was pitiful as well over 100 riders attempted to start at 8am meaning there was a considerable wait time in the blazing heat with only 20 riders at a time setting off.
Otherwise a cracking day.

A couple of photos for your delectation:

Me looking serious holding up a convoy of angry drivers.
IMG_2779.JPG

Me smiling as my mate struggles to reach the peak
IMG_2786.JPG

Top Bottom