Bridgestone Synergy RB2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rod_Saetan

Veteran
Looks great, I'm glad someone picked this up, I have that year's blue version which is awaiting a few bits before I put it back together with an upgraded Sante/600 groupset and Nitto bar/stem/post. I was surprised how well it rode with the Exage but then it is the same Ishiwata triple butted frameset as the top of the line RB1. Losing the heavy bars/post etc and clunky Exage stuff will make it into a great bike. I have a 91 RB2 built up with modern Tiagra as my winter commuter too, they are under-appreciated (outside of Japan and the US) if you ask me.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well the plan of action is to leave group set as is ie original lx indexed levers and mechs to see what its like as so far it feel nice .

so far bars and stem swapped as way too much reach , original rear wheel is buckled so has been replaced with a temporary one at mo , front wheel has the veluta red rimmed item fitted , rear caliper replaced as original was sticking matching fr caliper still to be fitted along with new cables .

original 130mm stem and bars swapped for a shorter stem and bar combo

so work is under away , waiting for new 7 speed cassette to arrive then i can fit the matching rear wheel along with a new chain .

Cleaning the frame hasnt started yet

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A quick picture stop on this morning's commute.

WP_20170403_004.jpg

woodbutcher

Veteran
ooh thats nice
Oh No ! just when l thought "Pinarello" yes ! You have done it again ....more temptation ^_^

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just had my first double figure distance ride on the Rb2 and it went great ^_^

It reminded me why i like steel bikes so much , anybody want a Bmc Racemachine slr03 ??

I reckon i could find a few more seconds by getting the wheel rim decals on the same side but at the mo one is on the l/h/s whilst other on r/h/s :laugh:

woodbutcher

Veteran
Just had my first double figure distance ride on the Rb2 and it went great ^_^

It reminded me why i like steel bikes so much , anybody want a Bmc Racemachine slr03 ??

I reckon i could find a few more seconds by getting the wheel rim decals on the same side but at the mo one is on the l/h/s whilst other on r/h/s :laugh:
You were up early this morning for a 10ml. plus ride.....lm just on my first cup of coffee :cuppa:

Top Bottom