Bridgtown Cycles near Cannock whats happened to them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have been a big customer to this lbs for many years. I remember when it was the small shop in the centre of Bridgtown before it moved to the very large store near the Toll Road.

When they first moved to the new store, they filled it up and there was not much they did not have. But over the last year I have found that every time I go in there stock is going down and down.

The store is now starting to seem empty. Last time I went in they had a womens only clothing section now this seems to have gone. And they seem to sell hardly any clothes at all, just a few company lines left.

All the high end lights have gone and the vast array of accessories have almost all gone. They still sell bikes, just but the huge selection has just gone to a few lines.

All the shop seems to sell is mainly Trek bikes and bontrager accessories.

Does anyone know what is happening to them? Are they close to closing down? This would be a shame as I was once a great cycle shop in the Midlands. I think i'm now going to stop going in as they seem never to have what I want in, even a good selection of chain lube.

I find that the local Halfords store in Cannock is now coming close to them at been a better store. I don't know what they are doing but if its to save costs then they are going the wrong way and could loose more customers. Please make this LBS great again............

BUt only you can make this a great LBS again by continuing to support it.

Okay, they may be having some problems (I don't know if thats the case but it sounds like it) but if you buy a tube or some brake blocks from Halfords or off the internet rather than them, then thats a few quid less in their tills and so it continues. Maybe that £5 for a set of inner cables might be the fiver that pays the bills that week. God knows, nobody opened a bike shop to make money but if we don't support them then they'll all go the way of record shops (remember them?).

You probably need a spare tube anyway...

Davewolves

They were highly stocked with Trek and its various brands of clothing parts & accessories.
Trek have slashed there independent stockists leaning towards boutique stores like they have stateside.
i would guess this has left many stores like Bridgtown cycles with a massive shop and no suppliers to fill the gap, i know road wise they now stock Bianchi and would guess the shelves are being filled with new brands (to them) instead on Bontrager who was a trek brand.

Top Bottom