Briefcase for paniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djc45

Hi,
I am planning to get back into cycling, which I used to do loads, but since I was unwell, have not been able to do so. I am planning to start cycling to work.
I will train over the summer holidays, planning to start cycling to work in August when the schools go back, I am a teacher by the way.

My question is, can any of you recommend a briefcase kind of panier case that can clip on and off a rack easily. This would give me a briefcase, or 2, to carry around at work, that would simply clip back onto my rack to travel home. I have seen one or 2 that are about the £100 mark, are there any cheaper that any of you have found.

Finally, is there such a thing as a fiberglass locking box that I can fit to the top of a pan ier rack, you know like a motorbike has, so that I can keep things safely locked in it and always with my bike, I`m thinking tools, extra shopping etc.

Any ideas anyone could suggest would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Check out Ortlieb, I use their office bag and found it really good. When I was looking most people advised Ortlieb, now I know why.

Danny

Legendary Member
+2 for the Ortlieb briefcase.

I have occasionally seen people with fibreglass boxes on their rear racks, but they mostly look home made or adapted from scooter boxes.

If you are really worried about security, I would personally go for an easily removable bag for your tools or shopping. Having said that I regularly leave things in panniers when I park my bike and no one has ever nicked anything. I appreciate that York is safer than some parts of the country, but I don't suppose you'll have that many problems in Troon.

U

User169

Slightly different approach, but this allows you to strap a regular briefcase to your bike.

Top Bottom