Brighton University Project Questionnaire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alec Davies

Hello Everybody,

We are a group of final year engineering students at the University of Brighton, and are working on a group project designing a new bike lock. Searching through this forum, I have seen that there are lot of experienced riders, many of whom fit our target audience perfectly! We would be really grateful if you could take a quick moment to answer the 10 questions on our tick box survey it would really help us a lot with our report. Thank you very much in advance!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HXXK7P3

Kind Regards,

Alec

Moderator Edit: Alec has provided a link to a revised survey further down this page, please use the new link below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Done
Not sure what a 'cruise bike' is.
I mostly ride a tourer, which is most like a road bike so that's what I ticked for that question.

OP
OP
A

Alec Davies

Hello,

Thanks for your time!

A cruise bike is a bike thats more for show then practicability, like below.

9784167-vintage-beach-cruiser-bike-along-the-california-coast.jpg

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi and done my only comment would be the value of your bike ok some cost Sh*t loads others not so but to who ever owns which ever its theft still has the same effect on them. Oh and by the way welcome.

OP
OP
A

Alec Davies

Hi and done my only comment would be the value of your bike ok some cost Sh*t loads others not so but to who ever owns which ever its theft still has the same effect on them. Oh and by the way welcome.

Thanks for your time, I tried to find a way to measure sentimental value of a bike, but I could't come up with a way that would make sense to everyone.

Please can future participants use the below link? Hopefully it'll work better then previously. I can't find how to edit the original message, thanks.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CK997XQ

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Done

e-rider

crappy member
...this survey is so simplistic that it can hardly be of any use in the real world - every time we get students with their surveys on CC they are just a joke. You might be engineers but you clearly know very little about cycling! Perhaps do some research before creating your survey next time so that you can ask important questions and enough of them to enable you to develop a worthwhile product.

OP
OP
A

Alec Davies

...this survey is so simplistic that it can hardly be of any use in the real world - every time we get students with their surveys on CC they are just a joke. You might be engineers but you clearly know very little about cycling! Perhaps do some research before creating your survey next time so that you can ask important questions and enough of them to enable you to develop a worthwhile product.

Hello E-Rider

Our survey was designed to be simplistic so that it wouldn't take up too much of your time. The survey has everything to do with our product, from the 200 responses we have had so far, it has proven the market research we have already completed.

Thanks very much to everyone else who has completed the survey.

gavintc

Guru
What a complete waste of time. I cannot see how you will draw any conclusions for that survey. Many of us have multiple bikes, we lock and secure them according to risk, requirement. When I am on a cafe stop on my good bike, I will use a cheap pocketable cable lock. When I have my commuter, I will lock it with a decent U lock. Looking at customising my bike. None of my bikes were bought as bikes, they were a bunch of parts, built up. What was customised and what was the bike.

Good luck, but there are just so much crap questionnaires that I can put up with - that was one of the worst.

Top Bottom