Brighton with the old cars - Sunday November 4 - honk honk wizz bang wheeze!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
"this is about as much fun as it's possible to have on a bike". Dellzeqq

Yes, It's that time of the year again for the London to Brighton Veteran Car rally bicycle chase.
Chasing, running with and sometimes overtaking of various pre 1905 charabancs. (over 500 registered this year). Many that go pop, wheeze, whizz, bang & whirl whilst trying to make their way Brighton.

Feeder Rides Details

Westminster Bridge South. just outside the entrance to London Marriott Hotel
County Hall. 07.15 Leader Bill Owen - follow the cars from then on.

Dripping Tap Bromley. (jct Masons Hill & Hayes Lane) in Bromley at 07.30
riding along the A232 to Croydon. Leader Ianrauk.

Cutty Sark Gardens 07.00. Leader: Mr Tom Crispin. Feeder ride to Croydon

Meeting Place

McDonalds North End Road Croydon: 08.30 (departure) All will convene over a
celebratory coffee and a muffin. I do believe that the rally will once again
follow the High Street; we can watch the rally go past.

Small(ish)print

This ride is on the open road, please follow all traffic signals.

Please respect the Veteran cars, they will not respect you. They have standards that fall below modern cars, they brake slowly, and not in a straight line, bits stick out, like Boadicea, and do the unexpected.

You are responsible for your own safety.

Crawley now seems to be 'the' place for a halfway pit stop to top up those bidons, grab a coffee, neck a Maccy D's or a Scout's HotDog and catch up with other peeps on the ride.

Full details of the Veteran Car Rally HERE
Last years thread about the ride HERE

019.jpg

A big thanks as always to Blue Hills who's idea this was..........

U

User10571

"this is about as much fun as it's possible to have on a bike". Dellzeqq

Yes, It's that time of the year again for the London to Brighton Veteran Car rally bicycle chase.
Chasing, running with and sometimes overtaking of various pre 1905 charabancs. (over 500 registered this year). Many that go pop, wheeze, whizz, bang & whirl whilst trying to make their way Brighton.

Meeting times and places for the feeder rides have yet to be confirmed so I will update this thread when I have more details. Last year they were from Lambeth North, Cutty Sark Gardens Greenwich and Forest Hill Station... then on to East Croydon

I will be leading a feeder ride from Bromley The Dripping Tap @ 7.20am to East Croydon to meet the main group. From there we will meet up with the cars as they make their way through Croydon Town Centre and probs be off at about 8am.

Crawley now seems to be 'the' place for a halfway pit stop to top up those bidons, grab a coffee, neck a Maccy D's or a Scout's HotDog and catch up with other peeps on the ride.

So... watch this thread.. more details to follow once I have them.

Full details of the Veteran Car Rally HERE
Last years thread about the ride HERE

019.jpg

A big thanks as always to Blue Hills who's idea this was..........
Top ride. Werd.

Tim Hall

Oddly enough I was wondering when this thread would pop up. Yes please.

subaqua

What’s the point
now thats a shame , I will be travelling back from my footplate and steam driving day at the Avon Railway so won't be able to do this.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I'll be going down to East Croydon, but I am absolutely not going to be taking some weird pony diversion north to join the route. I'll head west from the station and south to the A235

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
We'll see. Depends on weather, state-of-mind, running club schedule, cycling club schedule, the lovely Helen, her mum, etc., etc..

Top Bottom