1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bristols newest cycle facility

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by captain nemo1701, 11 Oct 2016.

1. captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701 Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.

Cattle Market Road segregated free car parking..err...cycle path is coming along^_^:

Attached Files:

JD42, summerdays and Arjimlad like this.
  2. captain nemo1701

At the other end, this nice person from Switzerland was obviously unaware of parking regulations:
    Photo0477.jpg

Already a favourite spot for local anglers too:

Attached Files:

greekonabike likes this.
  3. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Ironically, that's a situation that having a footway alongside a cycle track makes more difficult: parking on a cycle track is an offence, as is driving on a cycle track or a footway, but parking on a footway is not itself illegal, plus the availability of a cycle track alongside that people could walk on makes it difficult to make the usual footway obstruction complaint. They almost certainly drove on both, but it's hard to get it acted upon when no officer saw them doing it. :wacko:

Are there parking restrictions on that footway, have they designated the entire thing as cycle track (and the visual differentiation is just encouragement) so that parking is an offence itself, or is this another demonstration of the absurdity of the current laws?

4. captain nemo1701

There are no signs just yet as bits are still under construction. There are double yellow lines but there are those who insist on being lazy. It's easier to use the pavement than park legally elsewhere and - heaven forbid - walking to your final destination.

5. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

6. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

The Bristol Traffic site is always firmly tongue in cheek!!:biggrin:

the_mikey likes this.
  7. captain nemo1701

Update on Cattle Market Road - new red asphalt cycle path has opened:
    Photo0583.jpg

JD42 likes this.
  8. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

Is that from before it opened... how come they aren't on the red bit....?

9. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

That tarmac looks a mess, now will anyone get the contractors back in to put it right, not around this way they certainly would not.

10. ransos

ransos Legendary Member

I cycled on the "red bit" this morning. It has a pleasing crunch under the tyres.

11. captain nemo1701

I took that shot last week. It's now open, with lots of cycle symbols at either end. Still won't stop some lazy driver from parking on it, I'll bet:blush::blush:

JD42 and summerdays like this.
  12. JD42

JD42 Hills are nature's way of culling the weak

Tried to go down there last week...closed off so had to take the pavement in front of temple meads...(oops sorry pedestrians).. will give it a run tonight