British cycling road championships

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Just saw the dates and I'm considering heading to the Celtic manor start/finish for the time trial, it's a shame I have to leave Bristol on Saturday or I'd pop over for the road race as well.

Who else is going and who do you reckon can do it! I'm hoping for local (ish) lad Chris Opie to do well in the road race and I don't see anyone other than wiggo for the tt.

As much as I want to say I know enough to make an educated guess on the woman's race I've only watched a handful of televised events so don't know enough at all!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I will be helping out at the event on behalf of my cycling and will also be manning a feed station for all those involved in the championship sportive too

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
I will be helping out at the event on behalf of my cycling and will also be manning a feed station for all those involved in the championship sportive too

Good man

If my house had sold I'd have been taking part but such is life I need to travel back down here that day with the family.

oldroadman

Veteran
Don't look much further than a continental based world tour rider for the RR win, it's a different level from the domestic scene, with very few riders able to step up to that level. My pick would be Geraint T for a "home" win, if he's off the leash for the day, but it's more likely to be Cav as he is climbing better and better, Outsider? Kristian House, who has gone well on the course before. Looking at plans, it all comes down to a difficult finishing circuit covered (I think) about 8 times. Same for the women, look for a first division pro to win, very few UK based will be likely to be in at the final.
Dowsett cold be the one for the TT, depends what mood Sir B is in.

lyn1

Über Member
Don't look much further than a continental based world tour rider for the RR win, it's a different level from the domestic scene, with very few riders able to step up to that level. My pick would be Geraint T for a "home" win, if he's off the leash for the day, but it's more likely to be Cav as he is climbing better and better, Outsider? Kristian House, who has gone well on the course before. Looking at plans, it all comes down to a difficult finishing circuit covered (I think) about 8 times. Same for the women, look for a first division pro to win, very few UK based will be likely to be in at the final.
Dowsett cold be the one for the TT, depends what mood Sir B is in.

Fair call...big difference. Situation not helped by the timing of the Tour Series which ties up many of the stronger domestic Conti pros doing a shed load of 1 hour crits for 5 weeks, while the foreign based WT & PC pros are riding tough Tours, eg.California, Dauphine & Suisse.

Top Bottom