British Pie Week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Anyone having pie you ask? On Cycle Chat?

Well I can think of at least one person.

I started a day early. I had a slice of Gala pie from Waitrose yesterday.

I'm likely to visit a nice pie shop in Pudsey on Wednesday.

I'm pedalling to Ripon on Saturday during an audax. Ripon has two good pie shops I'm visiting both of them.

Further ahead, on Easter Sunday I'll be attending a pie and cider festival in Leeds.

Further ahead, on Easter Sunday I'll be attending a pie and cider festival in Leeds
Tell me more.
Son is at Uni there. Visiting him would be an excuse for going.

vernon

Tell me more.
Son is at Uni there. Visiting him would be an excuse for going.

Don't you mean, 'Going there would be an excuse to visit him'?

The venue is the Belgrave Music Hall

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 19.59.05.png

Don't you mean, 'Going there would be an excuse to visit him'?
Thanks Vernon looks good, but I'm an idiot. Just remembered the prodigal will be at home eating the contents of the fridge between 2 slices of bread as it's Easter.
He may be returning early, whether he wants to or not.

Another possibility is daughter needs a 'prom dress'. Think this involves going into lots of shops and trying on frocks. I shall suggest a trip to Leeds to do it.

vernon

Another possibility is daughter needs a 'prom dress'. Think this involves going into lots of shops and trying on frocks. I shall suggest a trip to Leeds to do it.

Seeing as you will be redundant apart from the source of finance, I'll see you at The Belgrave Music Hall?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
What's @vernon's verdict on this leek and fennel pork pie? It looks pretty tasty to me.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodandd...amelised-leek-and-fennel-pork-pie-recipe.html

vernon

What's @vernon's verdict on this leek and fennel pork pie? It looks pretty tasty to me.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodandd...amelised-leek-and-fennel-pork-pie-recipe.html

It looks interesting but a tad too 'Patrick' for my tastes.

I'm currently plucking up courage to tackle hot water pastry again after the 'unfortunate incident' the last time I made some. The kitchen ceiling still bears the scars from the water/lard mixture explosion - a spectacular and memorable event though I wish Mrs Vernon was able to forget it.

vernon

I had a nice pie today. It was from Bentley's of Pudsey. Packed with pork, lightly seasoned, peppery taste but not overpowering. Good firm crust. Minimal jelly as the filling didn't shrink much. 9/10.

20150304_123334.jpg
20150304_123419.jpg

Top Bottom