Brittany public transport tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First off they're very, very good,accept bikes and are cheap.

English is widely spoken by counter staff ime.

Roscoff to morlaix train line is now a bus run by SNCF. 6 bike racks on the back of a lot of them . Just don't expect the train station counter to find it on their system. Try the bus company instead. They'll find it then you go back to train counter

More later.

Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It would appear that a storm ate the train line in June https://www.letelegramme.fr/finiste...detruite-par-les-eaux-04-06-2018-11981894.php - French wikipedia says the line was already in a poor state with a 40km/h speed limit since 2015 and needed millions of Euros to clear a repair backlog.

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
They were going to make the decision to close it or not when the floods effectively made it for them.

Shame it is down but there are buses that take up to 8 bikes hung vertically from their front wheels and strapped to a pull out bar at half the rack height. They work well with normal bikes from kids bikes to normal sized ones. However they don't really know how to make it work with recumbents and tandems will be out completely unless you can fit them in the luggage space.

BTW it was a scary, 35 minute bus ride for me watching my recumbent swing around and bounce around. They only attached it to the top hook by the rear wheel and a strap to the front wheel without anything to stop it moving. They tried the pull down bar but weren't happy. Before I could intervene the driver was getting ready to go so I had to accept their fixing method.

BTW if I had bill Gates level of money I'd pay to fix that line and help at up a community operation. It's a nice line and I suspect could get used a lot and more stops than morlaix and roscoff too.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom