Brittany: Road bike hire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I just spent a few minutes searching in French on google.fr/ - nothing easily found. Having been there on tour last year I did not spot any likely places. The only rental places were for basic run arounds. Search for location velo de course along with the major town names and you might get lucky. If it helps I went there last year and it was EXCELLENT http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=1&doc_id=12956&v=2w

StuartG

slower but further
One of the great things about Brittany is how easily you can speedily take your own road bike there on ferries and trains ... which may explain why, unlike say Mallorca or the Canaries, there is less demand and hence supply of rentable quality bikes.

StuartG

slower but further
One thing France does not lack is good bike shops. Dunno whether any would consider doing a second hand deal for the duration.

StuartG

slower but further
Yes, I guess this is the case. Unfortunately we're travelling by air.
My friend always goes BA with her bike as standard luggage allowance. Have you checked with your airline?

OP
OP
mip

mip

It's a family holiday. I was hoping to be able to easily pick up a bike and head out one morning. I think I've been spoilt in Tenerife and Lanzarote.

StuartG

slower but further
I think I've been spoilt in Tenerife and Lanzarote.
Got back from Lanzarote yesterday. More road bikes than cars though cars were cheaper to rent (for two). But with the open roads and constant 25 mph trade wind it was definitely "winter training with a tan". Brittany is different :smile:

Top Bottom