Broadband Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey all

I am currently with Sky paying 10 quid per month for what is a pretty good service for up to 20mb with no download limit. I can only reach about 3mb based on my exchange.

Anyhow I am just wondering if anyone has any cheaper suggestions that could help me save some money plus have a good service. I download a ton of music (legally) so I dont want a download cap really.

I am also considering doing something with the phone line so this would be an interesting consideration as well if anyone has a thoughts?

Cheers

Clive

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me Mista. I'd stick with it.

If you can Virgin cable in your area then an all together landline phone, TV and broadband deal is pretty good. I pay 25 quid a month with no phone line rental charges and 10mbs unlimited broadband. They want to put my mobile on the deal which would mean free virgin to virgin calls as well, so when I can get the missus onto virgin mobile I will save a fortune.

Jezston

Über Member
Do you need a landline phone?

I decided I didn't. When I moved into my current place I just got Virgin 10mb for £10 a month, and no stupid rip off 'line rental'.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hi Clive,

I went through a similar thing a few months back. I'd always hosted my website with my ISP and wanted to cut costs.

I went with BE for broadband at £7.50 a month. I believe it starts off at 40Gb download limit per month and rises to unlimited once you've been with them a while but I rarely hit 10gb in a month. Always read the small print, there are a lot of cheap deals out at the mo which rise to £15-£18 a month after 6 months.

M

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Do you need a landline phone?

I decided I didn't. When I moved into my current place I just got Virgin 10mb for £10 a month, and no stupid rip off 'line rental'.

That's a good point and worth saying because until fairly recently one couldn't do this with virgin and it irritated a great many customers.

Top Bottom