Broadgate, Coventry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I am a former Coventrian who hasn't set foot in Broadgate since the 1970's. Are there any people here from Coventry who can tell me if the clock in Broadgate still has Lady Godiva go round on the hour and Peeping Tom pop his head out. I was telling my wife about it the other night after being reminded of it by a question on Millionaire.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
According to this video, it was on June 16, 2012

Why the Nazi style eagle on the doors?

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
compo i am also an ex Coventry kid and 1 day me and my other half are going for a day out in Coventry to see the sights

I have only made one or two visits back to Coventry since about 1958. I was from Middlemarch Road, Radford.
I wonder if you can still climb the big tower in the old cathedral. Doubt if I would make it all the way up nowadays.

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
According to this video, it was on June 16, 2012

Why the Nazi style eagle on the doors?

Thanks Paul. I must have not been very good with my search terms. The video bought back a memory or two. As for the coats of arms I can only assume it may have been the arms of Lord Leofric, but that's only a guess.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have only made one or two visits back to Coventry since about 1958. I was from Middlemarch Road, Radford.
I wonder if you can still climb the big tower in the old cathedral. Doubt if I would make it all the way up nowadays.
i was born on Roland Avenue , holebrooks so not to far apart

Top Bottom