Broke my nose today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Jeez, it's bad. A while back we were on a large group ride and we stopped off at The Punch Bowl, Lapworth.
One of the women whispered to me that she was sure that the Birmingham City manager was sitting over there in
a large group.(he was with numerous players) I looked over and took one look at his nose and told her, "Yes, you're right, it is him."

And then there's always Mick Mcarthy......

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
You did speedway? Totally :becool:!
Yes I was young and mental once (still am, mental that is) .. I mean who in their right mind would ride a 500cc stripped down motorbike, at speeds of 80mph+ on a small oval track with no brakes :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Never busted mine, only cracked the side - rock flew up from passing car, square on, hit nose (glasses on fortunately). 1" gash and pouring. Stopped at house - they phoned ambulance. Bone knitted together eventually - was a bit wobbly at first/no feeling on one side. I'd only been in the job a few weeks, ended up with double black eyes and a big patch on nose. No I wasn't fighting (early 20's) was my response.

You know that trick all dad's have done for little kids since before ever evolution started? Holding your hands in front of your face, thumbnail behind your teeth, and "pretending" to click your nose?

A word of friendly advice - I don't care that your nose may well end up dead straight (mine did); I don't care how cool your kids think you are for pushing your broken nose into place (mine didn't - one of them screamed). Just don't play at really clicking your nose back - it hurts!

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Broke mine more times than I care to remember, several times playing Rugby, martial arts, and even swimming (4' dive in 3' of water). I remember standing in a slowly spreading circle of red water, with screaming kids making a suddden dash for the edge of the local pool :smile:

I've got to agree getting hold of it and pulling it back into place makes a very impressive noise - and hurts like hell :smile:

I've got to agree getting hold of it and pulling it back into place makes a very impressive noise - and hurts like hell :smile:

:smile: and I thought nobody else could be so daft. Glad I'm not the only one.

Top Bottom