Broke my nose today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
...playing football. Unfortunate clash of heads and I came off worst. Went to A&E and it is broken. I have an appointment in 7-10 days to assess the damage and see what (if anything) can be done to fix it.

Anyone broken their nose before? Did you get it fixed or leave it? Thanks.

Ouch! Touchwood I've never broke anything.

jim55

Guru
gen it will heal itself but it may end up bent !!if it looks ok and not away to the side id b tempted to leave it ,,my mate broke his yrs ago ,,went to hospital ,,the doctor /nurse guy just wiggled it about causing great pain to my mate and kinda straightened it a few bits of masking tape(well looked liked it )and sent him home ,,the hospital never done a really good job imo ,,its straight but theres a big ridge about half way down ,,gets called all sorts now ,,wants to get it fixed ,,looks like a boxer!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I broke mine playing footie when Harry Allebone swung his elbow into it. He played like a wire coat hanger, the clumsy prat.
The hospital didn't think it worth repairing and my good looks were enhanced by the asymmetric ruggedness I acquired. :whistle:

It's easier to pick bogeys from the left nostril than the right one though!

It may depend on whether your nasal passages and breathing are affected. Mine weren't.

johnny mcgurk

Broke mine 6 times on the trot when I was in my late teens. Basically it never healed and would crack if I hit it it at all. In the end it seperated from the cheekbone and sunk slightly. I had a 'nose job' to lift it and have a piece of bone removed. I was told that it wasn't absolutely necessary as my breathing was unaffected but I was young and vain in those days. Operation was run of the mill but having 2 metres of wadding stuffed up your nostril for a few weeks is less than pleasant. Can always wear the phantom of the Opera mask if you want to keep playing football.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
My eyes watered just reading your post. I broke mine some years back at work. After the initial swelling etc. had gone, I had an op to straighten the breath pipe (sorry, not up with technical term). This did help my breathing alot, But, not the most pleasant procedure to have done, but in my instance, was well worth it. Good luck!

TVC

Bad luck Maz.

I broke mine in a crash a few years back, but fortunately it didn't affect my dashing good looks.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Chris Isaak broke his nose a few times boxing so I expect you look like him now...

Chris_Isaak-1.jpg

Reactions: gaz

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I've done mine a couple of times too, worst being in a speedway pile up and the front wheel from the other bike, slammed in to the opening of my helmet, I had nasal tampons (that's what they are called ..google them) fitted, which helped aline my nose into place while it healed.

doesn't take long to heal either ... speedy recovery there Maz

Mr Phoebus

Ever seen steve bruce's conk?

Jeez, it's bad. A while back we were on a large group ride and we stopped off at The Punch Bowl, Lapworth.
One of the women whispered to me that she was sure that the Birmingham City manager was sitting over there in
a large group.(he was with numerous players) I looked over and took one look at his nose and told her, "Yes, you're right, it is him."

Top Bottom