Driving through Wales today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi,
It's been months since I've done anything different.Yes I drive to work which involves a quick 16 mile commute through Wales ,but month in month out I wear the same groove in the same road going back and forth to work.As I've not taken time off from work all year I've been ordered by HR to take my holidays.
Today I took a scenic route to the west coast of Wales to see my dad and I found the scenery stunning.Driving over the tops of the hills from Bala to Trawsfynydd was truly spectacular.The weather was a mix of rain and sunshine which lit up the mountains.The combination of the sun and the thick low cloud rolling across the mountains was mesmerising to see.With the Cattle out grazing on pastures with a back drop of dramatic slate mountains was something to be believed.There was virtually no traffic to mention of, and it felt like the perfect car advert you see, where your on a road by yourself out enjoying life with no cares in the world.With the new 20 mph zones , you certainly get a chance to see things you once missed.
I finally arrived in Harlech to see my dad.His house overlooks the castle and looked very mystical today in the low grey cloud.
It was nice to get away and do something alittle different for a change,and I have promised myself to get out of the perpetual cycle of just work/sleep/work routine before I get too old because life is to short to let it pass by.

Hi,
It's been months since I've done anything different.Yes I drive to work which involves a quick 16 mile commute through Wales ,but month in month out I wear the same groove in the same road going back and forth to work.As I've not taken time off from work all year I've been ordered by HR to take my holidays.
Today I took a scenic route to the west coast of Wales to see my dad and I found the scenery stunning.Driving over the tops of the hills from Bala to Trawsfynydd was truly spectacular.The weather was a mix of rain and sunshine which lit up the mountains.The combination of the sun and the thick low cloud rolling across the mountains was mesmerising to see.With the Cattle out grazing on pastures with a back drop of dramatic slate mountains was something to be believed.There was virtually no traffic to mention of, and it felt like the perfect car advert you see, where your on a road by yourself out enjoying life with no cares in the world.With the new 20 mph zones , you certainly get a chance to see things you once missed.
I finally arrived in Harlech to see my dad.His house overlooks the castle and looked very mystical today in the low grey cloud.
It was nice to get away and do something alittle different for a change,and I have promised myself to get out of the perpetual cycle of just work/sleep/work routine before I get too old because life is to short to let it pass by.

Well sai

Dave7

Legendary Member
Hi,

I had a friend (sadly passed away now) who would say "God sure knows how to paint a beautiful landscape".
You have a nice area to drive through and appreciate.

Gwylan

Veteran
Hi,

No one dies saying they wish they had spent more time at the office.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
When you live by yourself it's so easy to get stuck in a rut and stick to a routine.. Before you know it, months have flown by before you realise you've done nothing but work/sleep and pay the bills.It almost starts to becomes your comfort zone living in such a routine and you forget that there's a bigger world out there to enjoy beyond your little bubble.
I actually enjoyed driving my car yesterday instead of treating it as just a tool for commuting back and forth to work (does that make any sense)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Is that on the white road (on OS maps) from Bala to Trawsfynydd? The one with a few cattle grids and gates plus section it says not to leave the road? It’s lovely up there, great if you want some solitude.

GuyBoden

Guru

postman

Legendary Member
i bet you are reading this in a Welsh accent arn't you now.So how do you get too Wales in a car,simple really one in the front one in the back.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you're lucky you might find some friendly sheep.

Alex321

Veteran
Afraid I dunno what "sais" are but I do find the sheep jokes a bit worn out now.

[They were on mainstream telly - e.g. Blackadder - in 1986. ]

"Sais" is just "English". But he should have used "Saison" as the plural there :smile:

I presume it is from a similar root as the Scots term "Sassenach"

T4tomo

Legendary Member
"Sais" is just "English". But he should have used "Saison" as the plural there :smile:

I presume it is from a similar root as the Scots term "Sassenach"

as a Sais and Sassenach, I like to disassociate myself from such ignorant comments.

Top Bottom