Broken glass everywhere

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Borgnyne

Noticed recently the amout of broken glass on the roads is getting crazy, not just in the gutter buall all over the road, bike lanes even the footpath.
Is it just here in the South or all over?

biking_fox

Guru
Haven' noticed any particular change up here in manchester. There's always some here and there, but no more than usual. Marathon Plus tyres means I don't particularly care.

OP
OP
Borgnyne

Borgnyne

Huh, interesting. I wonder if it's the drunken students back in town 🤔 although the roads in general here are getting really bad, the surface is terrible and potholes (gaping chasms) everywhere 😞

• Hugs
Reactions: C R
Huh, interesting. I wonder if it's the drunken students back in town 🤔 although the roads in general here are getting really bad, the surface is terrible and potholes (gaping chasms) everywhere 😞

Students aren't back yet are they ?

OP
OP
Borgnyne

Borgnyne

They don't really ever seem to leave here to be honest 😂 the population drops during the breaks but quite a few stay in town.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Students aren't back yet are they ?

Some are. The Fallowfield loop will be getting covered with the stuff. TBH some parts of my commute are bad, there is a load on a particular corner after someone smashed bottles a week or so ago - it's now been mashed up by car tyres. I'm running bike tyres with a fair amount of protection, so I've yet to get any glass punctures in 6 months - I've had a bit of wire go through though !

I remember having to move from Conti 4 Seasons to Durano Plus when I first started using the Fallowfield Loop due to the amount of glass that went through the tyre.

OP
OP
Borgnyne

Borgnyne

Yeah, the commuter is fine with it's 42c Conti Ride Tours, but the road bikes I have to be super careful. It's more slices to the sidewalls than actual punctures I'm worried about some of the shards are crazy.

Top Bottom