Bromley/Kent Loop Saturday 2ns August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi All,
Another Bromley Cyclists ride is in our midst.

Although an LCC and Bromley Cyclists event, You do not need to be a member to take part. Tourers, Roadies, Hybrids, experienced riders and those not so, all are welcome . . Just turn up and go . . . .

Day: Saturday 2nd August
Meet: 09:30 Bromley South Station map
Distance: 44 miles

The meeting time allows folk to get the train from Catford , Crofton Park et al and be in time for the start - their train will arrive at Bromley South at around 09:14

Overall Distance : 44 Miles
3093 Feet of Ascent & Descent

We will leave suburbia fairly rapidly ...around 4 miles from the start we get to Keston...where leafy lanes take over .. then drop down into the old hamlet of Nash ...after which we press on to Keston Church ...after this the ride proceeds to the village of Downe - and ascends uphill till we pass by Charles Darwin's house .

On we will press to Knockholt and thence to Halstead..before crossing the M25 and to Eynsford via Shoreham . (At Eynsford anyone who has run out of steam can get the train back to Bromley, Catford etc.) Through the unspoilt village of Farningham thence on to our lunch stop at Horton Kirby at roughly the halfway point.

After Lunch we will climb up to and downhill through the astonishingly beautiful Knatts Valley. Back through Eynsford again ...and up over Crockenhill ...before dropping down into Chelsfield . The last 3 miles or so are prospectively going to be along the A21 - which provides a swift route into Bromley ...or we could try and find a quieter route through the back doubles if anyone feels strongly enough about it .

So ...mostly lanes ..some main roads ...a chance to see some very pleasing places.. but there are quite a few hills ...albeit the last few miles are mostly downhill

It may be possible to drop into Eynsford Castle on the homeward leg - it is free

Ooh, sounds nice, I might come along.

SWMBO has nixed the idea. I mentioned it to her casually last night, felt her body go stiff, and finished what I was say with "...but of course I'm not going."

Enjoy yourselves.

Top Bottom