Brompton bar type, can someone measure for me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nz6666

Regular
Can't decide between a S or M bar.
Here is the current setup on my current bike which works for me:

BB center to saddle top: 69 cm.

(Seatpost At above height) Seatpost center to handle bar(flat) center 63 cm.

(Seatpost At above height) Height Diff handle bar - saddle 2.5 cm

Can someone measure their Brompton to see if it can get above dimensions and the bar type? Much appreciated.

Kell

Veteran
Have you been to a Brompton Centre to try them out?

I found the S too low for me and the M too high. But what's most surprising is how short they are.

I'd imagine that's going to be the biggest difference.

There are things you can do like fitting bar ends and flipping the seat clamp to gain a couple of cm here and there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nz6666

Regular
Have you been to a Brompton Centre to try them out?

I found the S too low for me and the M too high. But what's most surprising is how short they are.

I'd imagine that's going to be the biggest difference.

There are things you can do like fitting bar ends and flipping the seat clamp to gain a couple of cm here and there.
I tried at the shop and feel similar, M too high and close, S is a little bit low but fine, but I doubt for prolonged cycling, it will give me back pain eventually.

Kell

Veteran
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well you can get the S and fit risers (just need to be mindful of cable stretch).

Because of that possible issue I ended up buying the H type (same clamp height as the S) and took the high bars off and fitted risers. Effectively this means that the cables were too long, but meant I could cut them rather than possibly have to buy new ones.

Bars are not far off being level with the seat (for me). If you like I'll try and get measurements to see how it would compare.

Kell

Veteran
Ok. On mine. BB to saddle top 75.5 cm.

Seat post centre to handlebar centre 64.5 cm.

Height of seat from floor 101 cm.
Height of grips from floor 98 cm.

Difference of 3 cm.

(I think in the pics above, I hadn't worked out the final seat height, so that's sitting a little high.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nz6666

Regular
Ok. On mine. BB to saddle top 75.5 cm.

Seat post centre to handlebar centre 64.5 cm.

Height of seat from floor 101 cm.
Height of grips from floor 98 cm.

Difference of 3 cm.

(I think in the pics above, I hadn't worked out the final seat height, so that's sitting a little high.
Thanks a lot! What's the height of your riser bar?

Top Bottom