Brompton Black Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Having had a sneak preview of it, it doesn't look as good as I expected it to, to be honest. I actually think the black needs a bit more silver than the rims to set it off.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
"The extremities will be black, with mainframe options being Black, White, Berry Crush, Lime Green and Lagoon Blue."

Black edition available 5 colours?!?.

No titanium bits so I'm out ^_^

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
I’m with you. I would only consider if there was something special to shout about, but it’s really a bit of a gimmick. If it was matt black, with some extra special wheels, or gear/braking system etc then I would be up for it but as it is now, no thanks for me too, even at that pricing.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
What's wrong with the six hears, that's what I'm thinking of getting.

Six gears add a bit of weight and some complication.

Making sequential changes is also a fiddle, because you have to change both levers at the same time.

I have six speeds, but if buying again would go for three.

Gear range is the more important question.

As a relatively unfit cyclist, it's lowered gearing for me.

Another lesson learned, I bought the bike with standard gearing.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Six gears add a bit of weight and some complication.

Making sequential changes is also a fiddle, because you have to change both levers at the same time.

I have six speeds, but if buying again would go for three.

Gear range is the more important question.

As a relatively unfit cyclist, it's lowered gearing for me.

Another lesson learned, I bought the bike with standard gearing.

I actually like the 6 gears, they're pretty easy to change and much of the time i'm in the middle of the hub ratio and just use the derailleur as a 2 speed model. As I also have the Dynohub, lightweight it isn't.
Certainly agree about getting the lowered gearing though .....
Quite fancy a Titanium 2 speed .... or maybe single-speed; @CharlieB flies along on his ....

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Quite fancy a Titanium 2 speed .... or maybe single-speed; @CharlieB flies along on his ....
Don't hesitate, FF, you know you want to…
…and now I've had some more Ti pimping done to it, it's super-whizzy!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
How about this black beauty from Ben at Kinetics in Glasgow, black Rohloff hub, matching black dynamo hub, disc brakes, black seatpost and bars, etc.
Hate to imagine the price though.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cycleologist/15807435669/
According to the order form on his website, about £3400 if it's hydraulic discs, £200 less for cable discs. Brompton could of course build it cheaper if they were so inclined, but they're not.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
According to the order form on his website, about £3400 if it's hydraulic discs, £200 less for cable discs. Brompton could of course build it cheaper if they were so inclined, but they're not.

Nice in a way, but Rohloffs - like all hub gears with lots of ratios - way a ton, so I don't think I would want one in a Brommie, even if money were no object.

The reason Brompton use the 3X2 arrangement is that it weighs about a kilo less than an eight speed or more hub gear.

Top Bottom