Brompton Folding Pedal

Discussion in 'Folding Bikes' started by fixedfixer, 27 Jul 2012.

1. fixedfixer

fixedfixer Veteran

Anyone manged to replace / service the bearing on the folding pedal? I emailed Brompton who said it was not serviceable and I'd need to buy a new one. Before I pay £30 for a single pedal I wondered if others had manged to get at the bearings - mine have a click which will only get worse.

2. srw

srw It's a bit more complicated than that...

If it's still online, do a hunt around the Brompton yahoo group - there was some conversation on there years ago. IIRC, it's user-serviceable if you're willing to attack it with an angle-grinder to get at the bearings.

I once gave away a folding pedal to someone who was going to have a go.

3. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry Here for rides.

I've got a virtually brand new spare if you can remove it from the crank.

Much prefer wellgo QR pedals to the brompton 'built down to a price not up to a specification' jobbies.

4. OP
    OP
    fixedfixer

fixedfixer Veteran

Thanks Greg - PM sent

5. OP
    OP
    fixedfixer

fixedfixer Veteran

6. Night Train

Night Train Maker of Things

I'll be having a go at that fix at some point soon.

If I can get hold of a spare pedal and bolt I would be tempted to get the more expensive double row bearing and then find a way to extend the pedal and bolt to accommodate it.

7. Brommyboy

Brommyboy Über Member

Brompton used to supply rebuilt pedals as exchange. I don't know if this is still done. You would need to ask your dealer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice