Brompton frame/serial - proof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there,
Appreciate your help here...
Issue: My store receipt of my brompton M3R purchase (serial & frame numbers) do not match the bike that I actually purchased from the store. How do I prove that Brompton in fact shipped the unit to the store, for me?

A few years ago (2012), I custom ordered a Brompton lacquer, etc. When it arrived, it had scratches on it. The store agreed to order in another one for me. When it arrived a few weeks later, I picked it up and they emailed me the receipt.

Today: I'm selling my bike, realised that the invoice has the serial/frame number of the original, scratched bike, not the 2nd one that I actually purchased.

I went to the store (popular store in central london) and they said they only have the original invoice on their system; and that they have no way of using the frame number/serial of my actual bike to cross reference and link it back to me. They said they have no clue what frame or serial arrives. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Does contacting Brompton help? I would assume they can look up my serial/frame number and know who they sold it to (which brompton retailer).

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
As you say contacting Brompton might be the best bet and hope they have a better system going than the retailer.
If you explain to your buyer the problem I'm sure they'll understand the mismatching serial no's.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Talk to the zendesk folks at Brompton, they should have a record of it at the factory... they still had my 2004 Mk3 on the books adn could tell me the serial number given the frame number...

Top Bottom